The Cardinal earned the doubles point with wins on courts one and three. Samir Banerjee and Filip Kolasinski were first to finish with a 6-2 win on court three, while Arthur Fery and Neel Rajesh outlasted their opponents in the top slot, 6-4.
Rajesh and Fery carried their momentum into singles play, with each netting a straight-set win to push the Cardinal lead to 3-0. Basing clinched the match on court two just a few minutes later, 6-4, 6-3.
Stanford returns to the court for ITA Kickoff Weekend on Sunday, Jan. 29 against Georgia Tech. Texas A&M and Pepperdine complete the Stanford regional for the tournament.
Stanford 4, Santa Clara 0
1) Fery/Rajesh (STAN) d. Neuhaus/Shah (SC), 6-4
2) Dalmasso/Lerby (SC) d. Basing/Matta (STAN), 6-3
3) Banerjee/Kolasinski (STAN) d. Hinojosa/Pulliam (SC), 6-2
Order of Finish: 3, 2, 1
1) Arthur Fery (STAN) d. Arthur Neuhaus (SC), 6-4, 6-2
2) No. 7 Max Basing (STAN) d. Guillaume Dalmasso (SC), 6-4, 6-3
3) Samir Banerjee (STAN) led Christian Lerby (SC), 7-5, 5-2 uf
4) Neel Rajesh (STAN) d. Jack Pulliam (SC), 6-1, 6-0
5) Filip Kolasinski (STAN) led Mann Shah (SC), 7-6 (6), 1-2 uf
6) Santiago Hinojosa (SC) led Isaac Gorelik (STAN), 6-3, 4-4 uf
Order of Finish: 4, 1, 2