WACO, Texas – After dropping the doubles point, No. 36 Sun Devil men’s tennis (9-3) came back during singles to defeat No. 32 Baylor, 4-3. Arizona State swept on four singles courts despite the Bears (7-9) claiming the first three points of the dual.
No. 87 Murphy Cassone closed out the match against his No. 77 ranked opponent in the third set with the Sun Devils running onto the court in celebration.
Max McKennon defeated his singles opponent 6-4 in both sets before Constantinos Koshis grabbed his win in three sets. Spencer Brachman got it done in two sets on court six.
The Sun Devils will come back home to host the ASU Spring Break Tournament at Kiwanis Park in Tempe presented by Diablos Tennis.
#36 Arizona State 4, #32 Baylor 3
1. #87 Murphy Cassone (ASU) def. #77 Tadeas Paroulek (BU) 6-4, 6-7 (4-7), 6-2
2. Max McKennon (ASU) def. Marko Miladinovic (BU) 6-4, 6-4
3. Zsombor Velcz (BU) def. Jacob Bullard (ASU) 6-1, 6-3
4. Constantinos Koshis (ASU) def. Luc Koenig (BU) 5-7, 6-3, 6-2
5. Juampi Mazzuchi (BU) def. Roi Ginat (ASU) 6-3, 6-1
6. Spencer Brachman (ASU) def. Ethan Muza (BU) 7-6 (7-5), 6-3
Order of finish: (3,5,2,4,6,1)
1. #10 Tadeas Paroulek/Zsombor Velcz (BU) def. Jacob Bullard/Murphy Cassone (ASU) 6-3
2. Luc Koenig/Juampi Mazzuchi (BU) def. Max McKennon/Spencer Brachman (ASU) 7-5
3. Roi Ginat/Constantinos Koshis (ASU) def. Justin Braverman/Christopher Frantzen (BU) 6-3
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2)
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Arizona State University Athletics…