TEMPE, Ariz. – After a near two-week break, No. 25 Sun Devil Women’s Tennis will play host to No. 46 Baylor on March 4 (Saturday/11 a.m. MST) and No. 53 Oregon on March 5 (Sunday/11 a.m. MST) at the Whiteman Tennis Center.
Fans can keep up with the action and follow along via live stats.
Whiteman is the place to be this weekend ??
?? Free donuts & t-shirts on Saturday
?? Free donuts and in-match bingo on Sunday pic.twitter.com/X8PZFFEM2M
— Arizona State Women’s Tennis (@sundevilwtennis) March 1, 2023
It’s the Sun Devils’ first action back at Whiteman since a February 8 showdown against SMU. They’re a perfect 8-0 in Tempe to begin the spring season.
Their match against the Ducks will be the first against a Pac-12 opponent this spring. Last season, the Sun Devils fared well in conference play, winning six of 10 tries.
Following this weekend’s matches, the Sun Devils will continue their homestand against Pennsylvania on March 11(Saturday/12 p.m. MST).
SUN DEVIL NOTABLES
- The Sun Devils have maintained a spot in the ITA national team polls for the seventh consecutive ranking, checking in the latest polls at No. 25 overall.
- ASU continues to pack the ITA singles/doubles rankings with the doubles pairing of Particija Spaka and Domenika Turkovic at No. 14 in the country. Four Sun Devils have earned a spot in the national singles rankings as well, in Giulia Morlet (No. 91), Domenika Turkovic (No. 114), Chelsea Fontenel (No. 116), and Marianna Argyrokastriti (No. 123).
- Perfect at home: The Sun Devils are a perfect 8-0 at the Whiteman Center this season and have the opportunity to extend that streak to 10-0 following this weekend’s matches.
- Freshman Chelsea Fontenel is a perfect 9-0 on the season and is tied with Marianna Argyrokastriti for the team-high in wins (9).
- Giulia Morlet and Sedona Gallagher are a perfect 8-0 in their doubles matches this season. Pair that with the nationally-ranked pairing of Turkovic/Spaka, and the Sun Devils have managed to win the doubles point in all but one match this season.
PREVIEWING THE NO. 46 BEARS
- The Bears are ranked No. 46 in the latest team rankings in the ITA national polls.
- The Bears have dropped three in a row coming into this match on Saturday. Their last victory was Feb. 8 against Harvard. They come in with a 7-5 record and are 1-0 on the…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Arizona State University Athletics…