TUSCALOOSA, Ala. –– Featured as the No. 2 seed, the Alabama men’s tennis team will open the Kentucky Regional in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Kickoff Weekend Tournament Friday against third-seeded Nebraska.
The Tide’s match against the Cornhuskers will be held at the Hilary J. Boone Tennis Complex in Lexington, Ky., Friday, with the first serve scheduled for 4 p.m. CT. The winner of Alabama and Nebraska will play the winner between No. 10 Kentucky and Notre Dame Saturday, while the two losing teams face off in a consolation match.
- Date: Friday, January 26 – Saturday, January 27
- First Round: 4 p.m. CT
- Second Round: TBD
- Location: Lexington, Ky.
- Venue: Hilary J. Boone Tennis Complex
- Live Scoring
- Live Video
The ITA Kickoff Weekend
- Alabama will compete as the No. 2 seed at the Kentucky Regional and will face third-seeded Nebraska in the opening round
- The winner between Alabama and Nebraska will play the winner of the 10th-ranked and top seeded Kentucky and No. 4 seed Notre Dame
- UA is making its third appearance in four years in the ITA Tournament
- The regional winner will advance to the ITA National Team Indoor Championships Feb. 16-19
The Crimson Tide
- Alabama is coming off a win in its last outing, sweeping the Jacksonville State Gamecocks in a 7-0 decision
- The match was the second of the day for the Tide as UA battled the then-20th ranked Florida State Seminoles to a 4-3 loss that came down to the final match
- Three Alabama singles players continue to hold a national ranking as Filip Planinsek paces the squad at No. 35, followed by Enzo Aguiard at No. 51 and Matias Ponce De Leon at No. 76
- Planinsek is also ranked in doubles alongside partner Andrii Zimnokh
- The duo enter the weekend as the No. 25 doubles pairing
- So far this year, Roan Jones and Ponce De Leon have tallied a team-leading 12 singles victories in addition to pacing the Tide as a doubles team with seven wins on the year
Get all the latest information on the team by following AlabamaMTN on X, Instagram and Facebook.
– UA –