MIAMI, FL. – The No. 36 University of Maryland women’s tennis team (9-2) lost 4-0 to No. 50 FIU (6-3) on the road this Saturday at the Florida International University Tennis Center. The team lost the doubles point and fell short in the singles.
Breaking Down The Action
1. Yasmine Kabbaj (FIU) def. Selma Cadar (UMD) 6-2, 6-0
2. Marta Perez Mur (UMD) vs. Ekaterina Khairutdinova (FIU) 4-6, 6-6, unfinished
3. Oyinlomo Quadre (FIU) def. Minorka Miranda (UMD) 6-3, 6-3
4. Kallista Liu (UMD) vs. Kamila Umarova (FIU) 6-3, 3-4, unfinished
5. Katerina Mandelikova (FIU) def. Francesca Feodorov (UMD) 6-3, 6-4
6. Salma Loudili (FIU) vs. Hannah McColgan (UMD) 1-6, 6-1, 1-2, unfinished
Order of finish: 1 , 5 , 3
1. Umarova/Khairutdinova (FIU) def. Minorka Miranda/Marta Perez Mur (UMD) 6-1
2. Quadre/Kabbaj (FIU) def. Jojo Bach/Hannah McColgan (UMD) 6-2
3. Mandelikova/Loudili (FIU) vs. Selma Cadar/Mary Brumfield (UMD) 4-3, unfinished
Order of finish: 1 , 2
The Terps will compete again on Saturday, March 11 at noon on the road in Indiana for their first conference matchup.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Maryland Athletics…