Live stats and a live stream of Thursday’s match can be found here.
LAST TIME OUT
Tennessee swept Tennessee Tech twice, 7-0 and 4-0, in a Saturday, Jan. 14 doubleheader.
The Vols (4-0) and Wolverines (1-0) meet for the 14th time Thursday, with the most recent meeting coming in 1996. From 1979-93, Tennessee won 10 consecutive matches against Michigan and hold a 10-3 advantage over the Wolverines in the series, which dates to 1975. A win for Tennessee Thursday would be its fifth top-10 win since the start of the 2022 dual season.
Michigan opened the season Sunday with a 7-0 win over Boston University. Last season, the Wolverines advanced to the NCAA national quarterfinals, finishing the season with a 25-4 overall record and a Big Ten Tournament Championship. Ondrej Styler logged a 14-2 record at No. 1 singles for Michigan during the 2022 dual season.
VOLS IN THE RANKINGS
#59 – Shunsuke Mitsui
#81 – Emile Hudd
#86 – Blaise Bicknell
WOLVERINES IN THE RANKINGS
#6 – Andrew Fenty
#16 – Ondrej Styler
#20 – Gavin Young
#58 – Bjorn Swenson
#14 – Andrew Fenty/Gavin Young
#47 – Jacob Bickersteth/Gavin Young
• Emile Hudd stands at 75 career overall singles wins. After a pair of default wins at No. 3 doubles against Tennessee Tech, Hudd owns 50 career dual doubles victories.
• Boris Kozlov earned his 75th career overall singles win Saturday.
• Shunsuke Mitsui attained his 40th career overall doubles win this past weekend.
• Johannus Monday’s wins Saturday over Tennessee Tech vaulted the junior to a pair of milestones: 60 career overall singles wins and 40 career dual doubles triumphs.
• Martim Prata nabbed career overall singles win No. 70 Saturday.
Under Chris Woodruff, Tennessee has racked up 10 top-10 wins since 2019, including seven top-five triumphs. Three of those top-10…