TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama women’s tennis team (7-3) opens Southeastern Conference play Sunday as the team travels to Auburn, Ala., to face the No. 8 Auburn Tigers (10-2). First serve between the two teams is set for noon CT at the Yarbrough Tennis Center.
Date: Sunday, March 5
Time: 12 p.m CT
Location: Auburn, Ala.
Venue: Yarbrough Tennis Center
How to Follow
- Links to live scoring and the video stream will be available at RollTide.com
- Updates will be provided on the team’s Twitter account @AlabamaWTN
The Crimson Tide
- Alabama enters conference play with a 7-3 record after winning two of its three matches at the Blue Gray Tennis Classic
- The Tide secured its first ranked victory last Saturday, topping No. 58 Yale, 4-1
- Ola Pitka went undefeated at the Blue Gray Classic, securing three wins
- Klara Milicevic leads the team, 7-1, in singles despite taking her first loss against Illinois last week
- Alabama’s doubles unit is led by Ola Pitak, as she played an essential role in her pairings with Loudmilla Bencheikh and Kasia Pitak, both maintain an undefeated dual match record
- The Tigers enter the match ranked No. 8 with a 10-2 record
- Both of Auburn’s losses came from ranked opponents, No. 2 North Carolina and No. 11 Ohio State
- Alabama and Auburn will go head-to-head for the 21st time in series history with the Crimson Tide holding a 12-8 advantage
- Auburn won the last meeting in March 2022, 5-2
- The Tigers have three players ranked in singles, No. 28 Ariana Arseneault, No. 48 Carolyn Ansari and No. 120 Kaitlyn Carnicella
- In doubles, No. 21 Ansari and Arseneault lead the Tigers at the top of the ladder
- No. 47 Anastasia Astakhova and Adeline Flach round out the doubles line up
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaWTN on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaWTN on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Alabama Athletics…