AUBURN, AL – Ole Miss women’s tennis hits the road for a four-match road stretch, starting with Auburn on Friday, March 10 and Alabama on Sunday, March 12.
Live scoring and live video for both matches will be available to the public. Links to both can be found above as well as on the Ole Miss women’s tennis schedule page.
- The Rebels earned their first SEC win over the season with a 4-0 sweep over No. 58 Kentucky. The team is 1-1 in SEC play.
- The win over No. 58 Kentucky was also the team’s first ranked win of the season.
- Ole Miss have won two of the last three meetings against Auburn. In 2020-21, the Rebels went to Auburn and got the 4-0 sweep over the No. 18 Tigers
- Ole Miss hold a six-match win streak against Alabama with two ranked wins the last two seasons.
- Ole Miss are looking for their first road win of the season.
- The Rebels are 28-30 in conference matches the last five seasons.
- The program has compiled a 65-49 record on Friday matches and a 51-49 record on Sunday matches in the last 15 seasons. The Rebels are 0-2 on Friday this season and 3-1 on Sunday
- Ole Miss has four players with double-digit singles wins on the young season.
- The team is locked down at No. 5 singles, not losing one in eight matches at that position (6-0)
- The bottom of the lineup overall has been stellar with a 7-2 record at the No. 6 position.
- Lillian and Kelsey are 5-1 at No. 2 doubles in dual matches. Overall, they are 7-4 as a duo.
- Ludmila Kareisova remained ranked in the latest ITA Singles Rankings, announced on February 21, at No. 101
- Ole Miss finds themselves ranked for the first time this season at No. 73 in the last ITA National Team Rankings.
OLE MISS REBELS
Lillian Gabrielsen (Sr.) – Oslo, Norway
– Compiled a 12-9 overall singles record and a 9-7 overall doubles record
– Made the ITA Fall National Championships in singles as the South Region runner-up
– Reached the round of 16 in doubles at the ITA South Region Championships in 2021
Ludmila Kareisova (So.) – Liberec, Czechia
– Has an 11-7 singles record and 9-5 doubles record
– She is also 4-2 against ranked opponents in singles. SHe recently defeated Vanderbilt’s No. 65 Anna Ross
– ITA South Region Championships doubles runner-up which earned a spot in the ITA National in 2021
Emma Kette (Fr.) – Rammelsbach,…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Ole Miss Athletics…