The Washington women’s tennis team finished out the Torero Tennis Classic, and the team’s fall schedule, Sunday at the Coronado Tennis Club.
The doubles pair of Melissa Sakar and Erika Matsuda earned the Huskies’ first doubles win of the tournament on Sunday, besting a San Diego duo 6-4.
Astrid Olsen also picked up a singles win Sunday over San Diego’s Bruu-Syversen, 6-3, 6-4.
The Huskies head back to Seattle for a stretch of training before hosting Eastern Washington on Jan. 13 to open the 2023-24 season.
- Lopata/Nirundorn (Georgia) def. Detkovskaya/Olsen (UW), 7-5
- Sakar/Matsuda (UW) def. McBridge/De Las Heras (USD), 6-4
- Grant/Mert (Georgia) def. Fortin/Gagnon (UW), 6-0
- De Las Heras (USD) def. Matsuda (UW), 6-2, 6-2
- Nirundorn (Georgia) def. Fortin (UW), 6-4, 6-1
- McBride (USD) def. Lin (UW), 6-3, 7-6
- Mert (Georgia) def. Detkovskaya (UW), 6-4, 6-2
- Olsen (UW) def. Bruu-Syversen (USD), 6-3, 6-4
- Grant (Georgia) def. Sakar (UW), 6-3, 7-5
- Lopata (Georgia) def. Gagnon (UW), 6-2, 6-4
Follow @uw_wtennis on Instagram and X this season for all team updates and content.