WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — The Rutgers women’s tennis team (8-4, 0-2 B1G) dropped a 7-0 decision to No. 50 Purdue (10-1, 1-0. B1G) on Saturday afternoon to round out its Big Ten road opening weekend.
Purdue started the match off strong with wins on the first and third doubles courts to secure the first point of the day. Action on the second court with close as the unfinished contest ended with a score of 5-4 when play was suspended.
The Boilermakers carried their strong play into singles, winning all seven matches.
Mai Nguyen battled on court No. 4, taking her match to three sets. Michae Kim also forced a tiebreak in her second set, but ultimately fell on the last court.
- Csilla Fodor/Liz Norman (PUR) def. Tara Chilton/Mai Nguyen (RU) 6-2
- Tara Katarina Milic/Carmen Gallardo Guevara (PUR) vs. Arina Valitova/Jackeline Lopez (RU) 6-5, unfinished
- Kennedy Gibbs/Juana Larranaga (PUR) def. Chloe Brown/Daira Cardenas (RU) 6-3
- Liz Norman (PUR) def. Jackeline Lopez (RU) 6-1, 6-2
- Csilla Fodor (PUR) def. Tara Chilton (RU) 6-3, 6-2
- Carmen Gallardo Guevara (PUR) def. Amira Badawi (RU) 6-4, 6-4
- Tara Katarina Milic (PUR) def. Mai Nguyen (RU) 5-7, 6-2, 10-9
- Kennedy Gibbs (PUR) def. Arina Valitova (RU) 6-4, 6-0
- Juana Larranaga (PUR) def. Minchae Kim (RU) 6-0, 7-6 (3)
Rutgers will head down to New Orleans, Louisiana to face Big Ten foe Wisconsin on Wednesday, March 15 (9:30 a.m.) followed by Southern on Saturday, March 18 (11…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Rutgers University Athletics…