Men’s Tennis | March 13, 2023
LOS ANGELES – Competing at home for the first time in over a month, the No. 8 USC men’s tennis team put together a 6-1 win over Oklahoma State on Monday, March 13 to improve to 9-3.
The Trojans opened doubles with a swift 6-1 victory on court two as Wojtek Marek and Samuel Rubell teamed up to defeat Oklahoma State’s Alessio Basile/Isaac Becroft on court two. Moments later, the Trojan’s No. 17 ranked duo of Bradley Frye and Stefan Dostanic beat Oklahoma State’s Ferguson/Zink 6-3 to haul in the doubles point.
USC won three singles matches straight to clinch a victory as Samuel Rubell, Bradley Frye and Lodewijk Weststrate each defeated their respective Cowboy opponents. Weststrate clinched the win for the Trojans on court four as he defeated Francisco Pino 6-2, 6-3. USC’s only loss of the day was on center court as Cowboy Tyler Zink beat No. 33 ranked Stefan Dostanic 7-6(5), 6-3. Troy finished out the evening with another two points as
The Trojans will now travel south to Indian Wells to face Pepperdine on Sunday, March 19 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden at the BNP Paribas Open.
#8 USC 6, OSU 1
Monday, March 13 | Los Angeles, CA | David X. Marks Tennis Stadium
- #17 Bradley Frye/Stefan Dostanic (USC) def. Chase Ferguson/Tyler Zink (OSU) – 6-3
- Wojtek Marek/Samuel Rubell (USC) def. Alessio Basile/Isaac Becroft (OSU) – 6-1
- Ryan Colby/Karl Lee (USC) vs. Alex Garcia/Francisco Pini (OSU) – 4-3 UNF
USC wins the doubles point.
Order of finish: 2, 1
- Tyler Zink (OSU) def. #33 Stefan Dostanic (USC) – 7-6(5), 6-3
- #24 Peter Makk (USC) vs. Chase Ferguson (OSU) – 7-5, 6-3
- #113 Wojtek Marek USC) def. Alex Garcia (OSU) – 3-6, 6-2, 1-0 (10-5)
- Lodewijk Weststrate (USC) def. Francisco Pini (OSU) – 6-2, 6-3*
- Bradley Frye (USC) def. Alessio Basile (OSU) – 6-2, 6-3
- Samuel Rubell (USC) def. Carl Roothman (OSU) – 6-3, 6-0
Order of finish: 6, 5, 4*, 1, 2, 3
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at USC Athletics…