Men’s Tennis | May 05, 2023
Los Angeles, Calif. – No. 10 USC men’s tennis cruised to victory in the first round of the NCAA tennis tournament Friday afternoon, sweeping the Idaho Vandals 4-0 at Marks Stadium to advance to the second round.
The Trojans carried their hot streak into singles play, picking up two fast wins on the lower courts. Lodewijk Weststrate took down Duron 6-1, 6-1 on court six to make the Trojans’ lead two, followed quickly by Frye who defeated Matteo Masala 6-1, 6-1 on court five to bring the Trojans within one. Tien clinched the match for the Trojans with a 6-2, 7-6 (4) victory over Guy on court two to score his first singles postseason point.
With their victory, the Trojans advance to the second round where they’ll meet the San Diego Toreros. The match will begin at 2 p.m. at Marks Tennis Stadium.
#10 USC 4, IDAHO 0
Marks Stadium (Los Angeles Calif.) | NCAA FIRST ROUND | May 5, 2023
- Wojtek Marek and Sam Rubell (USC) vs. Francisco Bascon and Matteo Masala (UI) – 4-3 UNF
- Stefan Dostanic and Ryan Colby (USC) def. Vivek Ramesh and Mario Duron (UI) – 6-4
Order of Finish: 2, 3
USC wins the doubles point.
- No. 25 Stefan Dostanic (USC) vs. Francisco Bascon (UI) – 6-7 (3), 5-3
- Learner Tien (USC) def. Francisco Guy (UI) – 6-2, 7-6 (4)*
- No. 39 Peter Makk (USC) vs. Bruno Casino (UI) – 6-1, 4-6, 2-1 UNF
- No. 109 Wojtek Marek (USC) vs. Taiyo Kurata (UI) – 6-3, 5-3 UNF
Order of Finish: 6, 5, 2*
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at USC Athletics…