TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama women’s tennis team (9-4, 2-1 SEC) hits the road to face No. 6 Georgia (11-3, 4-0 SEC) and No. 12 Tennessee (11-2, 4-0 SEC) in a pair of road matches. The Crimson Tide heads to Athens, Ga., Thursday to compete against the Bulldogs in a 2 p.m. CT match, before traveling to Knoxville, Tenn., to face the Volunteers at 11 a.m. on Sunday.
The match against Georgia was originally scheduled for Friday but due to inclement weather the match was moved to Thursday.
Date: Thursday, March 16
Time: 2 p.m. CT
Location: Athens, Ga.
Venue: Dan Magill Tennis Complex
Date: Sunday, March 19
Time: 11 a.m. CT
Location: Knoxville, Tenn.
Venue: Barksdale Stadium
How to Follow
- Links to live scoring and the video stream will be available at RollTide.com
- Updates will be provided on the team’s Twitter account @AlabamaWTN
The Crimson Tide
- Alabama is coming off back-to-back conference wins after defeating Mississippi State and Ole Miss last weekend
- No. 96 Loudmilla Bencheikh leads the Tide with a 9-4 dual match record at the No. 1 spot
- Ola Pitak also holds a 9-4 record while competing at No. 3 in singles
- In doubles, No. 58 Bencheikh and Anne Marie Hiser have put together a 4-2 record while playing on court one
- Bencheikh and Hiser have also secured two victories over ranked opponents, defeating Auburn’s then- No. 21 Ariana Arseneault and Carolyn Ansari and Ole Miss’ No. 59 Anaelle Leclercq and Ludmila Kareisova
Scouting the Bulldogs
- Georgia enters the match ranked No. 6 with a 4-0 record in conference play
- The team is coming off a 7-0 after sweep against Mercer on Tuesday
- The Bulldogs have five players ranked in the latest ITA singles poll as Lea Ma leads the team at No. 10
- Dasha Vidmanova ranks 12th, Mell Reasco ranks 52nd, Anastasiia Lopata ranks 64th and Meg Kowalski ranks 122nd to round out the lineup
- In doubles, Guillermina Grant and Mai Nirundorn rank 26th while Kowalski and Reasco rank 39th
- The Tide and Georgia will go head-to-head for the 51st time in series history with the Bulldogs holding a 45-5 advantage
- Alabama won the last meeting in April 2022, defeating the No….
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Alabama Athletics…