AUBURN, Ala. – The Alabama women’s tennis program (7-4) fell to No. 8 Auburn (11-2), 4-3, at the Yarbrough Tennis Center Sunday afternoon.
The Crimson Tide clinched the doubles point on courts one and two behind efforts from UA pairs Anne Marie Hiser and Loudmilla Bencheikh (6-1) and Ola Pitak and Kasia Pitak (6-3), respectively, to take the early lead heading into singles play. From there, the Tigers would secure the first three wins in singles play (courts four, five and two) to take the 3-1 lead. Despite Rebeka Kern forcing three sets, the Tigers’ victory on court six clinched the match for Auburn with two courts left to play. Bencheikh grabbed Alabama’s first win in singles play after outlasting her opponent on court one (6-7 (2), 6-4, 6-1). Anna Parkhomenko would also defeat her Auburn opponent in three sets, winning 3-6, 6-4, 7-6 (0) on court three to end the afternoon.
- UA pairs Anne Marie Hiser and Loudmilla Bencheikh and the Pitak sisters secured Alabama the doubles point
- Auburn would take a 3-1 team lead after securing consecutive singles wins on courts four, five and two, respectively
- Kern went to three sets on court six before falling to Auburn’s Adeline Flach (4-6, 6-2, 3-6)
- Bencheikh grabbed the Crimson Tide’s first win in singles play, outlasting the Tigers’ Ariana Arseneault on court one (6-7 (2), 6-4, 6-1)
- Parkhomenko defeated Auburn’s Kaitlyn Carnicella in three sets on court three (3-6, 6-4, 7-6 (0))
- Alabama returns home against Mississippi State on Friday, March 10, at 3 p.m. CT
Order of finish (1, 2)
Order of finish (4, 5, 2, 6, 1, 3)
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaWTN on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaWTN on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Alabama Athletics…