SAN DIEGO, Calif. –– Three members of the Alabama men’s tennis team closed their time at the ITA National Fall Championships Thursday. Both Enzo Aguaird and the doubles duo of Filip Planinsek and Andrii Zimnokh fell in the Consolation Round of 16.
Aguiard faced his second ranked singles opponent of the weekend, taking on No. 96 Filippo Moroni (Wake Forest). After falling 6-3 in the opening set, Aguiard traded games in set two before suffering a 7-5 defeat.
Planinsek and Zimnokh fell 6-4, 6-4 against Mississippi State’s Benito Sanchez Martinez and Petar Jovanovic in the consolation draw. It was the second time this season that the doubles teams have gone head-to-head after competing at the ITA Southern Regional Championships.
- Q-R16 | #96 Filippo Moroni (Wake Forest) def. #78 Enzo Aguiard (UA) 6-3, 7-5
- R32 | #10 Alexander Bernard (Ohio State) def. #78 Enzo Aguiard (UA) 6-4, 6-4
- Alabama will have athletes compete at the Georgia Tech Invite Nov. 3-5 at the Ken Byers Tennis Complex
- Matias Ponce De Leon, Yair Sarouk and Roan Jones will represent the Tide in the tournament
- Competition will begin at 9 a.m. CT Friday and Saturday, and 8 a.m. on Sunday
Get all the latest information on the team by following AlabamaMTN on X, Instagram and Facebook.
– UA –