FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Ole Miss women’s tennis remain on the road for matches against Arkansas on Friday and against Missouri on Sunday. The first match starts at 4 p.m. CT
Live scoring and live video for both matches will be available to the public. Links to both can be found above as well as on the Ole Miss women’s tennis schedule page.
- The Rebels lost two tough SEC matches to No. 7 Auburn and Alabama by scores of 4-3.
- The win over No. 58 Kentucky was also the team’s first ranked win and conference win of the season.
- Ole Miss last defeated Arkansas in 2018. The Rebels won 4-1 in Fayetteville. The last three meeting have ended with a score of 4-3.
- Ole Miss holds a five-match win streak against Missouri, outscoring the Tigers 22-3 and 8-1 in road match-ups.
- Ole Miss is looking for their first road win of the season.
- The Rebels are 28-32 in conference matches the last five seasons.
- The program has compiled a 65-50 record on Friday matches and a 51-50 record on Sunday matches in the last 15 seasons. The Rebels are 0-3 on Friday this season and 3-2 on Sunday
- Ole Miss has four players with double-digit singles wins on the young season.
- The team also has three players one doubles win away from 10.
- The bottom of the lineup overall has been stellar with a 15-4 record at the No. 5 and No. 6 positions.
- Ludmila Kareisova ranked both in singles and doubles by the ITA announced on March 17. In singles, she is ranked No. 93 and in doubles she is ranked No. 59 with Leclercq-Ficher.
- In four conference matches, Kareisova took down two ranked opponents and is 4-0 in singles matches. She has won her last six singles matches.
- Ole Miss is ranked No. 66 in the last ITA Team Ranking announced on March 7
OLE MISS REBELS
Lillian Gabrielsen (Sr.) – Oslo, Norway
– Compiled a 13-10 overall singles record and a 9-8 overall doubles record
– Made the ITA Fall National Championships in singles as the South Region runner-up
– Reached the round of 16 in doubles at the ITA South Region Championships in 2021
Ludmila Kareisova (So.) – Liberec, Czechia
– Has an 13-7 singles record and 9-7 doubles record
– She is also 5-2 against ranked opponents in singles. She recently defeated Vanderbilt’s No. 41 Carolyn Ansari
– ITA South Region Championships doubles runner-up which earned a spot in the…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Ole Miss Athletics…