By Chris Oddo | @TheFanChild | Monday March 6, 2023
Get ready for mixed doubles at the BNP Paribas Open! The Eisenhower Cup, which features eight star-studded mixed teams, announced the addition of Stan Wawrinka and Belinda Bencic as its final pairing, this week.
Fourteen players who are or have been ranked in the Top 10 will be among the 16 to take the court as mixed doubles makes its Tie Break Tens debut on Tuesday, March 7, in the third annual Eisenhower Cup at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.
On Tuesday, Emma Raducanu was forced to pull out and the Brit will be replaced by Paula Badosa.
⏰ 7:30 p.m.
📍 Stadium 2
👇 Eisenhower Cup Order of Play 👇
Sakkari/Tsitsipas vs. Badosa/Norrie pic.twitter.com/6IKdqGGqll
— BNP Paribas Open (@BNPPARIBASOPEN) March 7, 2023
The event features eight mixed doubles teams playing 10-point tie breaks. The champion team will have to win three 10-point tie breaks to claim the title and $200,000 in prize money. Seven total tie breaks will be played as part of the event, which will have a duration of two hours.
This year’s Eisenhower Cup will be the first with teams as well as the first to have men and women competing in the same event. Below are the teams for the 2023 Eisenhower Cup:
• Belinda Bencic (No. 9, Two titles in 2023) & Stan Wawrinka (Three-time Major champion)
• Leylah Fernandez (2021 US Open finalist) & Felix Auger Aliassime (No. 9; Four 2022 titles)
• Ons Jabeur (No. 4; 2022 Wimbledon, US Open finalist) & Casper Ruud (No. 4; 2022 French Open, US Open finalist)
• Jessica Pegula (No. 3; Five-time Major quarterfinalist) & Tommy Paul (2023 Australian Open semifinalist)
• Paula Badosa (2021 Indian Wells champion) & Cameron Norrie (2021 Indian Wells champion)
• Aryna Sabalenka (No. 2; 2023 Australian Open champion) & Taylor Fritz (No. 5; 2022 Indian Wells champion)
• Maria Sakkari (No. 7; 2022 Eisenhower Cup finalist) & Stefanos Tsitsipas (No. 3; 2023 Australian Open finalist)
• Iga Swiatek (No. 1; Three-time Major winner) & Hubert Hurkacz (2021 Wimbledon semifinalist)
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Blog RSS…