LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The No.13 Virginia men’s tennis team (11-4, 3-0 ACC) opened the weekend with a 4-2 victory at No. 26 Louisville (9-5, 0-3 ACC) on Friday (March 10) at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center in Louisville, Ky.
The Cavaliers dropped the doubles point but picked up four singles victories to take the match. Freshman Måns Dahlberg clinched the match with a win on court five.
Louisville opened with wins on doubles courts one and three to take a 1-0 lead.
Alex Kiefer tied the match with a 6-0, 6-3 win on court six. Jeffrey von der Schulenburg followed with a 7-5, 6-4 win on court three. Ryan Goetz made it a 3-1 lead with a straight-set win on court four. Louisville picked up its second point with a 6-4, 6-4 win on court two.
Dahlberg had won his first set 6-3 against David Mizrahi but dropped his second 6-4. He rebounded with a 6-4 win in the third set to clinch the match.
ON THE HORIZON
- Virginia closes out the weekend at Notre Dame (10-6, 1-2 ACC) on Sunday, March 12 at 11:30 a.m.
1. #60 Natan Rodrigues (LOU-MT) vs. #25 Chris Rodesch (UVA) 2-6, 6-1, 5-5, unfinished
2. #36 Etienne Donnet (LOU-MT) def. #37 Inaki Montez (UVA) 6-4, 6-4
3. #32 Jeffrey von der Schulenberg (UVA) def. #50 Fabien Salle (LOU-MT) 7-5, 6-4
4. #111 Ryan Goetz (UVA) def. Matthew Fung (LOU-MT) 6-4, 6-2
5. Mans Dahlberg (UVA) def. David Mizrahi (LOU-MT) 6-3, 4-6, 6-4
6. Alexander Kiefer (UVA) def. Sergio Hernandez (LOU-MT) 6-0, 6-3
1. #28 Fabien Salle/Natan Rodrigues (LOU-MT) def. Chris Rodesch/William Woodall (UVA) 6-4
2. Matthew Fung/Alex Wesbrooks (LOU-MT) vs. Inaki Montez/Ryan Goetz (UVA) 4-5, unfinished
3. Etienne Donnet/Sergio Hernandez (LOU-MT) def. Alexander Kiefer/von der Schulenberg (UVA) 6-2
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1); Singles (6,3,4,2,5)
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Men’s Tennis – Virginia Cavaliers Official Athletic Site…