COLUMBIA, Mo. – University of Missouri tennis lost a 4-0 decider at No. 6 Georgia in Southeastern Conference action on Sunday at the Dan Magill Tennis Complex.
Mizzou (9-5, 0-2 SEC) dropped its second-straight match to open league play while Georgia (8-3, 2-0 SEC) saw head coach Jeff Wallace earn career win No. 800 – becoming just the second women’s tennis coach to achieve the feat.
The Bulldogs took home wins at No. 1 and 2 doubles to clinch the point. The No. 3 doubles matchup between Mizzou’s Laura Masic and Gabriela Martinez against UGA’s Anastasiia Lopata and Dasha Vidmanova was led 4-3 by the Bulldogs duo before it was left unfinished.
The Tigers fell at No. 1, No. 3 and No. 4 singles. The matches at no. 2, No. 5 and No. 6 were left unfinished in the second set. Georgia led in all three instances.
Mizzou continues a four-match road swing to start SEC play – taking on LSU (Friday, March 10) and Texas A&M (Sunday, March 12).
No. 6 Georgia 4, Missouri 0
1. #28 Guillermina Grant/Mai Nirundorn (UGA) def. Inah Canete/Mae Canete (MIZ) 6-2
2. #30 Meg Kowalski/Mell Reasco (UGA) def. Emelie Schwarte/Andrea Artimedi (MIZ) 6-0
3. Anastasiia Lopata/Dasha Vidmanova (UGA) vs. Laura Masic/Gabriela Martinez (MIZ) 4-3, unfinished
1. #6 Lea Ma (UGA) def. Mae Canete (MIZ) 6-2, 6-1
2. #18 Dasha Vidmanova (UGA) vs. #117 Laura Masic (MIZ) 6-1, 5-3, unfinished
3. #76 Mell Reasco (UGA) def. Emelie Schwarte (MIZ) 6-2, 6-3
4. #78 Anastasiia Lopata (UGA) def. Inah Canete (MIZ) 6-3, 6-1
5. #112 Meg Kowalski (UGA) vs. Gabriela Martinez (MIZ) 6-4, 3-1, unfinished
6. Guillermina Grant (UGA) vs. Andrea Artimedi…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Missouri Athletics…