Berkeley, California – Sun Devils men’s tennis came up short in their match against California, 2-4, and are now 11-5 on the season.
The doubles pairing of Ginat and Cassone kept it close until the end and duo partners Koshis and Bullard were leading 6-5 before the Golden Bears clinched the doubles point and took the early lead over the Sun Devils, 0-1.
In singles, No. 57 Murphy Cassone defeated No. 30 Yuta Kikuchi in dominant fashion, 6-3, 6-2. The Sun Devils fought until the end, but ultimately lost 2-4.
The Sun Devils will continue their road trip and face the Stanford Cardinals this Sunday, March 19 at 1:00 p.m. MST. Arizona State men’s tennis then returns to the Whiteman Tennis Center to face the University of Southern California on Friday, March 31 at 6:00 p.m. MST
#33 California 4, #39 Arizona State 2
1. Murphy Cassone (ASU) def. Kikuchi (Cal) 6-3, 6-2
2. Jackson (Cal) def. Max McKennon(ASU) 3-6, 6-4, 6-1
3. Jacob Bullard (ASU) def. Chen (Cal) 6-3, 4-6, 3-6
4. Overbeck (Cal) def. Constantinos Koshis (ASU) 6-7, 6-2, 6-1
5. Roi Ginat (ASU) vs. Banthia (Cal) 3-6, 6-3, 6-5, DNF
6. Hjorth (Cal) def. Spencer Brachman (ASU) 6-1, 6-0
Order of finish: (6,1,2,3,4)
1. Constantinos Koshis/Jacob Bullard (ASU) vs. Overbeck/Banthia (Cal) 6-5, DNF
2. Jackson/Magnaudet (Cal) def. Roi Ginat/Murphy Cassone (ASU) 4-6
3. Kikuchi/Hjorth (Cal) def. Spencer Brachman/Max McKennon (ASU) 2-6
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2)
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Arizona State University Athletics…