#2 Ohio State vs. UCF (ITA Kickoff Weekend)
Dates: Jan. 28-29, 2023
Time: 10 a.m. / 9 a.m. or noon
Venue: Ty Tucker Tennis Center – Columbus, Ohio
Live Scoring: Scoring
Live Video: Video
Website: Ohio State Central | ITA Central
Rosters: Ohio State | UCF | Tulsa | Oregon
Rankings: ITA Rankings
COLUMBUS, Ohio – No. 2 ranked Ohio State is off to a 5-0 start and will host this weekend’s ITA Kickoff Weekend at the Ty Tucker Tennis Center. The Buckeyes will play UCF in the first semifinal at 10 a.m. on Saturday morning and Oregon and Tulsa will play in the second semifinal.
Admission and parking are free for all men’s tennis regular season matches.
- The Buckeyes will compete in the ITA Kickoff Weekend for the 15th time and this will be the 14th time in which Ohio State has served as a host.
- Ohio State is 27-1 in the ITA Kickoff Weekend. The lone loss came to Virginia in the second round in 2021.
- Last year, the Buckeyes were on the road for Kickoff Weekend for the first time and had no trouble in dispatching of Arizona State 4-0 in the opening round and then beating host North Carolina 4-0 to punch their ticket to the final site.
- Junior JJ Tracy is 4-0 all time in ITA Kickoff Weekend singles matches while Cannon Kingsley, a seasoned ITA Kickoff Weekend veteran, is 6-1 all time in singles matches.
- Saturday’s match will be just the second all-time meeting between Ohio State and UCF as the Buckeyes won 4-0 last year in Columbus. The teams will also meet later this year in Orlando.
- Against Tulsa and Oregon, the Buckeyes are 5-1 all-time against Tulsa and 0-1 against Oregon.
- Ohio State is 5-0 on the season following a 6-1 non-conference win over rival Illinois last Sunday.
- Tracy is a team-best 11-4 in singles matches and 13-2 in doubles matches. He is ranked No. 5 in the current singles rankings.
- Andrew Lutschaunig is 5-1 this season in singles matches and a 10-1 in doubles matches.
- Robert Cash, who didn’t compete in the fall as he rehabbed a knee injury, is a combined 7-0 this spring.