MADISON, Wis. – Heading into the heart of Big Ten play, the No. 16 Wisconsin women’s tennis team will spend the week on the road as it contends against Rutgers, No. 9 Ohio State and No. 48 Penn State.
Here are five things to know:
1. STREAKING: The Badgers are riding an eight-march win streak, their longest win streak since the 2019-20 season. Wisconsin’s longest streak came during the 1995-96 season, where it won 11 matches in-a-row.
2. ATOP THE BIG TEN: Wisconsin, Purdue and Illinois are the lone three teams in the Big Ten to start conference play 2-0, while the Badgers and the Boilmakers are the only two teams in the conference to own 11 wins thus far.
3. THE OPPONENTS: Rutgers is coming off defeats to Indiana and Purdue to stand at 0-2 in Big Ten action and 8-4 overall. Penn State is an even 8-8 on the spring and is also winless in conference play after losses to Illinois and Ohio State. The Buckeyes are 8-5 this season and swept Penn State 7-0 in its lone conference match.
4. RANKED ROAD: Wisconsin will begin a stretch of playing three straight ranked opponents, included a pair of top-10 opponents in No. 9 Ohio State and No. 3 Michigan (March 25). Wisconsin’s last win against a top-25 opponent came against No. 5 Northwestern on Jan. 15, 2005.
5. UP NEXT: The Badgers will spend next weekend in Michigan as it visits the Wolverines and Michigan State (March 26).
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Wisconsin Badgers…