MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin women’s tennis team kicks-off its Big Ten campaign on Friday at 3:30 p.m. (CT) with a rivalry match against Minnesota in Minneapolis. The team also faces Iowa on Saturday at 11 a.m. (CT).
Here are five things to know:
1. KNOW THE OPPONENTS: Minnesota jumped into the ITA team rankings this week, going from unranked to No. 60. The team sits at 5-5 overall and is coming off a 4-1 loss to Memphis on February 26.
Iowa also sits at .500 on the season with a record of 4-4. The Hawkeyes faced in-state rivals, No. 4 Iowa State on February 24 and lost 4-0. The team was previously ranked No. 40 in the country but dropped down to No. 64 in the updated rankings.
2. LOOKING BACK: The Badgers are 42-24 all-time against the Gophers with the two sides last facing each other last season. Wisconsin beat the then ranked No. 61 Gophers 4-3. It was a dramatic, come-from-behind win for the Badgers who rallied with four singles victories.
Wisconsin has a dominant 43-11 all-time record against the Hawkeyes. Last time out the badgers lost 4-3 to Iowa on Feb. 19, 2021.
3. RECAPPING THE WEEK: Wisconsin had the week off after playing the past three weekends on the road. The Badgers are on a six game win streak, holding a record of 9-2, and came in ranked No. 12 in this week’s ITA team rankings. There are only two other Big Ten teams ahead of Wisconsin in the rankings, those two being No. 3 Ohio State and No. 5 Michigan.
4. HOW TO FOLLOW: Follow along with the matches through both livestream and live stats. Also, follow the Wisconsin women’s tennis on Twitter (@BadgerWTennis) and Instagram (@badgerwtennis).
5. UP NEXT: The Badgers play Rutgers on Wednesday, March 15 in New Orleans for another Big Ten match. First serve is set for noon.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Wisconsin Badgers…