CHAPEL HILL, N.C. No. 1 North Carolina earned a 6-1 victory over Louisville Cardinals on Friday at Cone-Kenfield Tennis Center.
The Tar Heels improve to 17-0 on the season and 3-0 within league play. The Cardinals fall to 7-5 overall and 0-3 in the conference.
Senior Elizabeth Scotty started strong for the women in blue winning on court five in consecutive sets 6-0 and 6-1. With tonight’s win Scotty is now 12-0 in singles this season, only losing two sets.
Scotty was followed by her teammates freshmen Reese Brantmeier and senior Abby Forbes who won in straight sets on courts two and four to secure the victory for the Tar Heels.
North Carolina continued to dominate with top ranked junior Fiona Crawley taking care of business on court one winning 6-3 and 6-4, while sophomore Carson Tanguilig won a 10 point tie break to decide the third set.
The Tar Heels earned a hard-fought doubles point to start the match. The talented tandem of Brantmeier and Scotty won 6-3 on court one to set up the fourth-ranked duo of Tanguilig and Crawley to capture the clinching point on court two, winning 6-3 as well.
The Tar Heels will return to face Notre Dame on Sunday, March 5th at 1 p.m. The match will be held at Chapel Hill Tennis Club.
1. No. 1 Fiona Crawley (UNC) def. Andrea Di Palma (Louisville) 6-3, 6-2
2. No. 27 Reese Brantmeier (UNC) def. Jamilah Snells (Louisville) 6-4, 6-0
3. No. 7 Carson Tanguilig (UNC) def. Rhea Verma (Louisville) 3-6, 6-2, TB (8-6)
4. No. 13 Abby Forbes (UNC) def. Tyra Richardson (Louisville) 6-3, 6-2
5. No. 56 Elizabeth Scotty (UNC) def. Maria Campos (Louisville)…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of North Carolina Athletics…