Box Score Clemson, S.C. – The Tar Heels continue their winning ways, taking down Clemson 6-1 at The Duckworth Family Tennis Facility.
Doubles again proved to be key to getting things going for the Tar Heels. The pairing of Fiona Crawley and Carson Tanguilig got the early jump defeating Daniella Medvedeva/Cristina Mayorova 6-3. Carolina earned the 1-0 lead over Clemson behind the duo of Abbey Forbes and Reilly Tran earned the hard fought 6-3 victory over Jenna Thompson and Leigh Van Zyl.
The Heels got a quick start in singles, taking the 2-0 lead over the Tigers as Freshaman No. 33 Reese Brantmeier defeated Eleni Louka 6-1, 6-1.
No. 75 Reilly Tran went off, winning set one 6-0, before only dropping one game in the match to defeat Lana Sipek of Clemson 6-0, 6-1.
The Heels clinched the match on court #2 as No. 15 Carson Tanguilig defeated Cristina Mayorova 6-1, 6-4.
Playing out singles, No. 22 Anika Yarlagadda defeated Leigh Can Zyl 6-2, 6-3 for the 5-0 tar Heel lead. No. 16 Abbey Forbes defeated Sophia Hatton 6-2, 2-6 1-0 (10-5) in a third set, 10-point tiebreak. A battle on day on court 3, No. 125 Daniella Medvedeva defeated No. 67 Elizabeth Scotty 6-4, 1-6, 1-0 (11-9).
The Tar Heels will take a short break in play before heading north to take on Boston College on Friday, March 24th at 3 pm in Chestnut Hill, Mass. and then make the trek to Syracuse, N.Y. to take on the Orange of Syracuse on 10:30 AM, on Sunday, March 26th.
- No. 33 Reese Brantmeier (UNC) def. Eleni Louka (Clemson) 6-1, 6-1
- No. 15 Carson Tanguilig (UNC) def. Cristina Mayorova (Clemson) 6-1, 6-4 (clinch)
- No. 125 Daniella Medvedeva def. No. 67 Elizabeth Scotty (UNC) 6-4, 1-6, 1-0 (11-9)
- No. 16 Abbey Forbes (UNC) def. Sophia Hatton (Clemson) 6-2, 2-6 1-0 (10-5)
- No. 22 Anika Yarlagadda (UNC) def. Leigh Can Zyl (Clemson) 6-2, 6-3
- No. 75 Reilly Tran (UNC) def. Lana Sipek (Clemson) 6-0, 6-1
- No. 15 Brantmeier/Scotty vs. Louka/Hatton (Clemson) 5-4 (UF)
- No. 3 Crawley/Tanguilig (UNC) def. Medvedeva/Mayorova (Clemson) 6-3
- Forbes/Tran (UNC) vs. Thompson/Van Zyl (Clemson) 6-3 (Clinch)
Order of Completion: Singles 1, 6, 2, 5, 4, 3 Doubles 2, 3
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of North Carolina Athletics…