TALLAHASSEE– The Florida State women’s tennis team (7-6. 2-3 ACC) fell to the fifth-ranked NC State Wolfpack 6-1 on Sunday.
“We did really well in doubles against a team that wins national championships,” assistant coach Mark Ardizzone said. “They are a great team and we got to get back to work for a great weekend of matches coming up.”
The match began with the Wolfpack winning at No. 1 doubles. The Seminoles responded when Ellie Schoppe and Kristyna Lavickova won 6-4 at No. 2 doubles.
Florida State clinched the doubles point when Anna Arkadianou and Millie Bissett defeated the nation’s No. 9-ranked duo of Ameelia Rajecki and Nell Miller 6-4 win at No. 2 doubles.
Coming into this matchup, the Wolfpack had only dropped the doubles point once in the 2023 spring season.
NC State was able to win at No. 5, No. 1, and No. 3 singles. The match was then delayed and moved indoors, due to inclement weather. The Wolfpack clinched the match with a win at No. 6 singles and won No. 3 and No. 4.
Florida State returns to action Friday, at UAB. Live stats will be available on Seminoles.com.
#5 NC State 6, #48 Florida State 1
1. #35 Diana Shnaider (ST) def. #70 Anna Arkadianou (FSU) 6-1, 6-4
2. #9 Alana Smith (ST) def. Vic Allen (FSU) 6-1, 6-3
3. #18 Amelia Rajecki (ST) def. Olympe Lancelot (FSU) 4-6, 6-2, 1-0 (7)
4. #55 Abigail Rencheli (ST) def. Ellie Schoppe (FSU) 3-6, 7-6 (3), 1-0 (8)
5. #123 Sophie Abrams (ST) def. Mila Saric (FSU) 6-2, 6-1
6. Nell Miller (ST) def. Kristyna Lavickova (FSU) 6-4, 6-3
1. #18 Diana Shnaider/Alana Smith (ST) def. Vic Allen/Kianah Motosono (FSU) 6-0
2. Anna Arkadianou/Millie Bissett (FSU) def. #9 Ameelia Rajecki/Nell Miller (ST)
3. Kristyna Lavickova/Ellie Schoppe (FSU) def. Sophie Abrams/Abigail Rencheli (ST) 6-4
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (5,1,2,6,3,4)
For more information on the Florida State women’s tennis program, check Seminoles.com and follow us on social media at FSUWTennis (IG) and @FSU_WTennis (TW).
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Florida State Seminoles Official Athletic Site | Women’s Tennis…