TEMPE, Ariz. – Oregon started the ASU invite with a 4-1 win against Drake on Friday.
The Ducks were in a tight one from the start, and dropped the doubles point after 6-4 wins on courts one and three. Keremedchiev and Lo were trailing 5-4 when the point was decided.
With ground to make up, it was time to step on the gas for Oregon. The Ducks answered the call with four-straight singles wins, storming back to take the match. Quinn Vandecasteele evened it up at 1-1 on court two, defeating Matija Matic 6-2, 6-2. On court five, freshman Vlad Breazu continued his strong play with another sweep, this time 7-5, 6-3.
With a 2-1 lead, the Ducks needed two more singles wins. The first was delivered by Jesper Klov-Nilsson in a three-set 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 victory. Lastly, the clincher came from veteran Joshua Charlton on court one, as he defeated Jeremy Schifris 3-6, 6-4, 6-3.
Oregon will face No. 24 Memphis at 4 p.m. PT on Saturday.
Oregon Ducks 4, Drake Bulldogs 1
1. Joshua Charlton (ORE) def. Jeremy Schifris (DU) 3-6, 6-4, 6-3
2. Quinn Vandecasteele (ORE) def. Matija Matic (DU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Ivailo Keremedchiev (ORE) vs. Evan Fragistas 5-7, 7-6(4), 1-0 (UF)
4. Jesper Klov-Nilsson (ORE) def. Oliver Johansson (DU) 3-6, 6-4, 6-3
5. Vlad Breazu (ORE) def. Reid Jarvis (DU) 7-5, 6-3
6. Ray Lo (ORE) vs. Markus Bolin 6-4, 5-5 (UF)
1.) Matija Matic/Oliver Johansson (DU) def. Joshua Charlton/Quinn Vandecasteele (ORE) 6-4
2. Ivailo Keremedchiev/Ray Lo (ORE) vs. Matthew Clegg/Reid Jarvis 4-5 (UF)
3. Jeremy Schifris/Evan Fragistas (DU) def. Jesper Klov-Nilsson/Avi Shugar (ORE) 6-4
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3); Singles (2,5,4,1)
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Oregon Athletics…