DENVER- In the first of two spring break road contests, the Purdue men’s tennis team suffered a 7-0 defeat to Denver on Sunday.
While all eyes were on Boilermaker basketball, the distant road match was no friend to Purdue tennis fans. Denver quickly clinched the doubles point after taking down the successful duo of Tomasz Dudek/Daniel Labrador and an inexperienced pair in Mujtaba Ali-Khan/Hassan Baroudi.
With a 1-0 lead, Denver took the momentum and never looked back. They won four of their six singles matches in straight sets. This is the second time Purdue has been swept on the road, and they have yet to score a point away from Schwartz.
The Boilers head to Las Vegas to take on UNLV this Wednesday, March 15 at 5 p.m.
Purdue (1-10)- 0, Denver (8-6)- 7
1. Nicolas Cuesta (DU) def. Daniel Labrador (PU)- 6-2, 6-0
2. Daniel Sancho Arbizu (DU) def. Michal Wozniak (PU)- 6-3, 6-2
3. Peter Sallay (DU) def. Mujtaba Ali-Khan (PU)- 6-1, 3-6, 6-1
4. Conner Olsen (DU) def. Milledge Cossu (PU)- 7-6(3), 6-0
5. Charlie Miller (DU) def. Tomasz Dudek (PU)- 5-7, 7-6(4), 10-8
6. Raffaello Papajcik (DU) def. Julen Morgan (PU)- 6-2, 6-1
1. Charlie Miller/Peter Sallay (DU) def. Daniel Labrador/Tomasz Dudek (PU)- 6-3
2. Nicolas Cuesta/Anish Sriniketh (DU) vs. Michal Wozniak/Milledge Cossu (PU)- 5-3 (Unfinished)
3. Daniel Sancho Arbizu/Raffaello Papajcik (DU) def. Mujtaba Ali-Khan/Hassan Baroudi (PU)- 6-3
ORDER OF FINISH
Singles- 6, 1, 2, 4, 3, 5
Doubles- 3, 1, 2 (Unfinished)
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Purdue Boilermakers…