WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind.- The Purdue men’s tennis team will host the Cleveland State Vikings this Friday, January 20th at 4 p.m. inside the Schwartz Tennis Center. The Boilermakers are seeking their first win of the spring season after losing the opener to Dayton on Monday.
The Boilermakers are looking to secure their first victory of the spring after securing only a pair of points in Monday’s 2-5 contest. Senior, Michal Wozniak, and freshman, Mujtaba Ali-Khan, won the two points against Dayton, but two three-set matches gave the Boilermakers a fighting chance until late in the action. With just four days of rest, the Boilers are poised to bounce back against the Vikings.
Purdue (0-1) vs. Cleveland State (0-0)
Schwartz Tennis Center
Friday, Jan. 20 | 4 p.m. (ET)
- Purdue is 0-1 all-time against the Vikings. The last meeting was a 3-4 decision in 2020.
- The Boilermakers will play 15 matches in Schwartz this spring, including the first 6 matches of the season.
- Purdue won three games in the season opener. Michal Wozniak and Mujtaba Ali-Khan in singles, and Daniel Labrador/Tomasz Dudek in doubles.
- The Boilermakers were 9-15 in 2021-22, with a 2-7 record in conference play.
- Milledge Cossu and Tomasz Dudek were both edged out in the third set of the home opener.
- Julen Morgan is 1-4 at No. 6 in his career.
- There have been 6 different doubles pairs since the fall began.
- Cleveland State opens it’s first 3 matches of the season against Big Ten opponents. The Ohio State University, Purdue University, and the University of Michigan.
- The Vikings have been dubbed the preseason favorites to win the Horizon League North Division, and second for the conference.
- Cleveland State returns 8 letterwinners from the 2021-22 season.