TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama women’s tennis team (8-4, 1-1 SEC) recorded its first conference win of the season on Friday, defeating Mississippi State (10-4, 0-3 SEC) 5-2 at the Alabama Tennis Stadium.
Mississippi State clinched the doubles point after securing wins on courts one and two, with scores of 6-4 and 7-5, respectively. Alabama bounced back by securing four consecutive wins in singles play. Mississippi State recorded its first singles point of the afternoon on court one. The Crimson Tide would finish the match with a victory on court four.
- The UA pair of Anna Parkhomenko and Klara Milicevic secured a win, 6-4, on court three
- Mississippi State clinched the doubles point with victories on courts one and two
- Milicevic evened the score at 1-1, recording the first singles point of the match with a 6-4, 6-0 victory
- Anne Marie Hiser secured the lead for the Tide with a win (6-4, 6-1) on court five over No. 88 Maria Rizzolo
- Petra Sedlackova went 7-6 (5), 6-1 against Chloe Cirotte on court two to move UA to match point
- Ola Pitak’s 6-4, 6-1 win over Alexandra Mikhailuk on court three would clinch the match for the Tide
- Anna Parkhomenko closed out the match with a 7-6 (7-5), 6-1 victory over Chloe Cirotte
- Alabama hosts No. 58 Ole Miss on Sunday at 1 p.m. CT at the Alabama Tennis Stadium
1 | Chloe Cirotte/Emma Antonaki (MS) def. #58 Anne Marie Hiser/Loudmilla Bencheikh (UA) 6-4
2 | Gia Cohen/Maddie Bemisderfer (MS) def. Kasia Pitak/Ola Pitak (UA) 7-5
3 | Klara Milicevic/Anna Parkhomenko (UA) def. Alexandra Mikhailuk/Sydney Hrehor (MS) 6-4
Order of finish: 1,3,2
1 | Emma Antonaki (MS) def. #96 Loudmilla Bencheikh (UA) 7-6 (7-5), 3-6, 10-5
2 | Petra Sedlackova (UA) def. Gia Cohen (MS) 6-2, 6-2
3 | Ola Pitak (UA) def. Alexandra Mikhailuk (MS) 6-4, 6-1
4 | Anna Parkhomenko (UA) def. Chloe Cirotte (MS) 7-6 (7-5), 6-1
5 | Anne Marie Hiser (UA) def. #88 Maria Rizzolo (MS) 6-4, 6-1
6 | Klara Milicevic (UA) def. Emily Surcey (MS) 6-4, 6-0
Order of finish: 6,5,2,3,1,4
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaWTN on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaWTN on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Alabama Athletics…